Rodenticide toxicity is the accidental ingestion of products used to kill rodents such as mice, rats and gophers. Poisoning is most commonly caused by ingestion of a product containing one of the following ingredients: bromethalin, cholecalciferol (Vitamin D3), strychnine, zinc phosphide or anticoagulant (warfarin, fumarin, chlorophacinone, diphacinone, pindone, bromadiolone, brodaficoum).
The affect on the animal will depend on the type of poison ingested and the amount. Bleeding disorders, neurologic problems, gastrointestinal distress or kidney failure can occur. Without treatment, rodenticide toxicity can be fatal.
*Please notify us if you notice any of the above signs or if you have any questions!
Allowed tags: <a> link, <b> bold, <i> italics
Monday 7:00 AM - 7:00 PM Tuesday 7:00 AM - 7:00 PM Wednesday 7:00 AM - 7:00 PM Thursday 7:00 AM - 7:00 PM Friday 8:00 AM - 5:30 PM Saturday 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM Sunday Closed For after hours emergency care 217 877-4393
© 2014 Northgate Pet Clinic-Animal Hospital